Monday 24 March 2014

3. Light and Wind

 Wow! Just one week, and presto, I have little tomato plants. They need four things to thrive.

1. Light-fluorescent bulbs can simulate natural light. Add and inexpensive timer and set it to go on at 6 am and turn off at about 8 pm.
2. Wind- put a fan in your room to mimic the wind. I have my fan oscillating. I find that the plants are much sturdier than if I don't have      a fan blowing in them. This is not essential, but it makes for much healthier plants.

 3. Water- Check your plants every day. The fan will dry out the soil             quickly. It is crucial to not let the soil dry out at this point.
 4. Fertilizer- Continue to feed your plants a diluted, plant starter fertilizer.



Now we just watch and wait. Pretty soon it will be time to thin the pot to the strongest seedling. More to follow


No comments:

Post a Comment